Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year 2009



A new year - 2009, there are times when I have no words of my own to express this journey - the occasional glimmer of hope or a slight light beyond all the shadows. Jerry will always be with me in my heart and my thoughts.
A New Years poem by Brock a writer on DA.

MEMORY

And you wait, await the one thing
that will infinitely increase your life;
the gigantic, the stupendous,
the awakening of stones,
depths turned round toward you.

The volumes in brown and gold
flicker dimly on the bookshelves;
and you think of lands traveled through,
of paintings, of the garments
of women found and lost.

And then all at once you know: that was it.
You rise, and there stands before you
the fear and prayer and shape
of a vanished year.

Amodestmouse - Brock

No comments: