Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine’s Day 2011



Valentine I know

Vignettes strung together
precious pearls of delight
gently rest close to the heart
filling in the quiet spaces with wisdom
and while the smoke rises
from distant passions and fire
my dreams will never fade…
memories unfold gingerly
pages of cherished love letters
tender stories are told
a silent witness to one more sunset
recall the sweet songs we sang
and whispered promises that lovers make
when forever has no expectations
and tomorrow is a shared last breath...

You are the only Valentine I’ve ever known

© 2011 Trilby Yates


3 comments:

Blondi Blathers said...

I like your brighter colour choice and hope it is representative of a lightening of your heart even if only by a tiny degree.

Trilby said...

Thank you Katie - I needed a change and have always loved this color combo...helps lift the spirit! Hope you are well and getting ready for some warm weather!

Anonymous said...

I'll be on the western sound soon but thinking east....

Cheer up SP your old friend checks in weekly,reads, and thinks of you fondly.