Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rainy daze and sunshine ~ May 22, 2011

Penfield Beach Sunset 2011 (photo by Ari)

The End of The World

If I never see
the light of day
as the world
comes to an end
experience sweet sounds
or serenade
from steel guitars
bottle neck slide
a cool breeze
harmonica blow
that links the past
to the present
take my hand
walk with me
to a history
warmed
by the fires
of the soul…
and if I never
feel that pulse
driven rhythm
in sync
drum beat
or give pause
to the sheer delight
of your smile
while the earth tilts
on its axis
bidding us a fond
farewell
adieu, adieu
precious one
parting can be
such sweet sorrow
and if love
is what seals
the deal
my words
are worth
their weight in gold…
with all that was
and lingers
in the wind
I won’t regret
a moment
as long as I’ve known
what carries its own
when push
comes to shove
no matter what
comes or goes
shout
from the roof tops...

"I love you"

© 2011 Trilby Yates

No comments: