Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Train Ride



                                                     Metro North ~ photo by TYates
Long train ride
NYC to CT
eyes close 
images sharpen 
and the senses 
seem unusually high 
and maybe 
it was the way 
you kissed me 
or the way your hand 
was gently placed 
in the lowest part 
of my back 
pulling me close 
swaying to the music 
dancing has never felt 
so seductive 
brushing my hair 
off my neck 
whispered words 
the rhythm 
soothing 
from the top 
of the crystalline 
mountain 
to the fiery depths 
of hell 
a moment in time 
holds tenderly 
perfection in memories
if nothing is accidental 
all has purpose and intent 
lessons lived 
and lessons learned 
explanations not needed 
when two ships 
in the night 
pass
and yet
remain connected -

...the conductor walks by, click, click...next stop Westport, walk two cars forward and watch your step... 

© 2013 Trilby 

No comments: