Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Brightest Of Eyes

The arms of love 
Wrapped around me 
Small boy 
Baby child 
Little angel with 
The brightest of eyes 
Cherishing and grateful 
For all of what this life 
Has unfolded before me
..and it took a while 
But I have come to know 
Life is what we make of it 
As time slowly passes 
- and harsh memories fade 
The space I wake in 
Is full of optimism 
...and surprise 
Even as our world 
Spins reluctantly out of control
- setting its self ablaze 
Off in a quieter calming place 
There is a true Wisdom 
...and words from the oh so very Wise 
As I drift off peacefully
Into my heavenly place 
Of an imaginary feather bed
 - and Cheshire wide smiles 
I will continue to count 
...all of my blessings 
And walk the unknown miles
With the arms of love 
Wrapped around me 
Small boy 
Baby child 
Little angel with 
The brightest of eyes ~


© 2014 TrilbyYates 

No comments: