Thursday, May 28, 2015

Time Together

I recall those dreams you had
the way they put a smile on your face;
the way life used to take you by storm

...but never caught you off guard 
Now and then I come to terms 
with all that we once had
and all that we could not hold onto 

As hard as we tried it slipped away 
like the wind in a storm that passes 
without intention or direction... 
Once you held my heart in your hand
said all the right words,
all that I wanted to hear;
and you meant every single 

sweet word and hushed moments
But we didn’t know
what was around the next turn
so we never looked ahead
...and that’s not a short coming,
only life and how one lives;
we lived so close to the perimeter 

You could feel the razors edge
cutting into your skin
like a knife to the heart
and nothing would be left
when all was said and done 

Now you have moved 
to another space in time
where angel’s songs ring in my ears
And I’ll stand on the cliff of our time together
and never forget you - I will never forget you... 


© 2015 TrilbyYates 

No comments: