Saturday, May 31, 2008

Out of Sync...




Leaning over to tell you
a piece of the latest gossip
that swirls around our circle
knowing you would laugh
or give me warning
or an “I told you so…”
never with malice…

But, as the words are being formed
and I’m sharpening my wit
so that I can spark
that glint in your eyes
that I love to see
the excitement is stamped out
like the fire in my heart
as I realize once again
that you are not
sitting to my left
or in the next room
and a text message to the “After Life”
is probably not in my roaming area…

With that I start my day
at the top of the mountain
and quickly start my decline
with tears as my guide…
hearing you whisper,
"...the glass is always half full..."

*****
Importance

Flowers left on slightly disturbed soil
months have passed since we placed your ashes
pink roses lay in reverence
while Beatle tunes float into the air…
all boundaries obliterated
smooth notes drifting off
to places unknown
hoping that somehow
you might hear something
as a reminder of all that you left behind
and it would produce a smile
in that obscure place
you currently reside
maybe even a slight tear
will fall from your questioning eyes
touching that part
that possibly remains
one foot in the here and now…
mortal as we all are –
can you sense the remorse,
sadness
enormous loss
felt by so many?
Or are you beyond such earthy sensations
at the present time?
I wonder if you shudder
when a wave of melancholy rises high above
entering that place you hover;
do you have faith in your importance
now that you are no longer
sitting by my side?


© 2008 Pamela Viscomi Yates

No comments: