Friday, February 1, 2013

Flight

A slight movement forward
wind shifts suddenly
and
there is 
a tumbling sensation
in each step 
I've taken
your touch 
was never an absolute
and as much as I knew that
going in
it's the 
coming out
that's another story 
time is not on my side
and as I wander 
between my thoughts 
there is a tug 
at my heart 
wishing one thing 
could be true 
that flight 
wasn't a solution 
or a place of comfort  
I'm running to -   
here I stand 
fair winds and following seas 
unable to find my way 
once again 
and things haven't changed 
all that much 
since my youth 
when boys would be boys 
and men will be boys too 
I question the disconnect 
from what is said
and what is heard
all the words 
exchanged between us
nothing ever remains 
very clear 
so I'll listen to sad songs
once again
wishing the nights away
cursing you for leaving me 
in this place 
when all that I have 
are memories 
of sweeter days...

© 2013 Trilby

No comments: