Friday, January 25, 2013

Beach Walk Mid July

Cold winter days 
circle around 
in a flurry 
snowflakes fall gently
solitude in daydreams 
and sweet whispered words 
make me blush 
at the thought 
of what could be
if only to let go...
I wonder if 
we are a good fit 
or if when time tells 
its tall tale
an unedited version of truth - 
self indulgent melancholy
if the reflection 
that bounces back 
isn't what we suppose
best to leave 
the stories behind 
like an old song
such a sweet serenade
taps ever so lightly 
angst is at the core of my insecurities 
reaching into my heart 
with one finger on the pulse 
of all that keeps the beat
of complete surrender 
to a new time 
and new space 
when all the potential 
that I hold dear 
can be realized 
and shine ever so brightly 
with the comfort 
of a beach walk 
in mid July

© 2013 Trilby

No comments: