Sunday, July 14, 2013

Déjà vu Love Affair

You kissed me first,
I remember it well,
laughter fills the air 
you flash that Sandbar grin
memories dock side 
keep flaunting happiness 
as if it were something 
attainable 
sustainable
not fleeting 
or a mere moment 
of joy 
from the past 
your eyes meeting mine
not the first time
déjà vu
quick glance
second chance 
my first Martini
Ohio nights
airline flights
and oh yes
fancy car
baked brie
you and me
we were always on
borrowed time 
some might judge 
harshly  
but the punishment 
would never 
fit the crime 
when something 
magical happens 
between two people
there is no reason
there is no rhyme  
it just is what it is 
a Blessing in disguise 
the push of the Universe
with all its pure intention
nothing is accidental
phases of life 
the twists and turns 
the process comes 
full circle 
with love and no concerns

...when I dream of misty nights 
with sails in the wind
waves begin to swell
a smile to my lips...

...that first kiss I knew it well

© 2013 Trilby

No comments: