Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Waiting

Darkest of the night 
when spoken
simple words
...my love the light 
lands perfectly
you have 
the face 
of an angel 
saving grace 
and all that we were taught 
in stained glass cathedrals 
ceilings reaching out 
grabbing hold 
of the heavens 
with windows that bleed
holiest of waters
pouring
onto the faithless 
color soothes the soul 
sinners and not 
bead readers 
in silent prayer 
words strung together 
signs of the Cross 
we have yet to bear 
the son, his, or her name
guiding the way 
bring us to our knees 
thankful for what we have
finally found 
and now as walls 
crumble around me 
piece by tiny piece 
my life is quietly
dismantled 
and only those 
that watch 
from high above 
can bring it all 
to an end 
while waiting has never
been a virtue
I ponder and question
I wait and wonder
counting the stars 
waiting for a peaceful 
slumber...that does not come...waiting...

© 2013 Trilby

No comments: