Wednesday, July 2, 2014

United By Gender

There is no 
safety zone
or comfort 
in numbers 
The votes 
have been cast
- opinions abound
The tides are turning,
and at the risk 
of an uprising,
United By Gender
the battle will rage on 
As my grandmother,
my mother before me 
and the females 
that will come after; 
our right to express 
and to determine
our destiny 
is that unto its own
Our choice - 
Be it faith based,
or conscience ,
reasons of practicality 
or not, 
timing or lack of 
No religion, 
no man, 
nor political agenda;
will hold the power,
will obtain control 
over the basic rights
to our innate freedoms. 

© 2014 TrilbyYates     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SP, no writing lately? Where have you been? I miss your words.

Trilby said...

I've been to heaven and back! Block Island. Thank you for your comment it's always nice to know someone is reading what I write - fiction or non :)