Sunday, July 27, 2014

Heaven, Hell or Brooklyn

Walking beyond the dunes
sea grass slips
between my fingers
The roar of the ocean
calms my nerves
and I remember
how you felt
beneath the waves
The Siren's song whistles
in the night carried
by an ocean breeze;
and every night your memory
brings me to my knees
And I wonder...
Heaven, Hell or Brooklyn - where is love

Gates of Heaven open wide
but I'm lost in Hell's grip
held tight in Hell's grip -
I'm the prom queen that was never crowned
I'm the missing chapter in my own lyrical book
Dylan-esque quality but he choked on my words
how brilliantly absent minded
how brilliantly absurd

Last night I walked into a bar,
not sure if my wounds were covered,
not sure if I'd gone to far
but your blue eyes lit the way
making it easy not to stumble
making it easy to imagine
with a kiss so deep, 
vows never to be broken
and I'm at a loss for words 
and don't know what to say
So now I wonder...
Heaven, Hell or Brooklyn - when is love going to stay

You have that last nail in the coffin look
Not a criminal or a crook
But you stole my heart from me
Pages folded over in the last chapter of my lyrical book
Heaven, Hell or Brooklyn - when is love going to set me free

Maintaining faith hasn't always been kind,
but never mind, 
I fell asleep during the best part
While your eyes look deep into mine
God only knows it's a fresh start
And now I'm wondering
wondering out loud
wondering about Heaven Hell or Brooklyn

Where is the love that's supposed to carry me through
Where is the love that I've been hanging on to
Faith isn't just for the weary,
Faith isn't just for the forgotten
Maybe I shouldn't have spoken so boldly,
maybe I should have kept my mouth shut
but fuck, what have I got to lose 

I'm the prom queen that was never crowned
I'm a missing chapter in my own lyrical book
Dylan-esque quality, but he choked on my words
how brilliantly absent minded
how brilliantly absurd...

Heaven Hell or Brooklyn - where is love now

© 2014 TrilbyYates 





No comments: