Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Leap Of Faith

Odd the way people 
come and go 
floating in and out 
of my life 
and as the wind blows 
it's just another reminder 
how walking from here 
to there 
can more often then not 
lead to somewhere
and it's been years 
since I've felt 
the flutter of angel wings 
against my brow 
or the holier than thou 
touch on my shoulder 
reminding me 
I'm not really alone 
and I have to say 
if I were to write another book 
disconnect the edit button 
my characters could 
make a grown man blush 
not that I'm some femme fatale 
but I've had my share 
of wanting to fade away 
into the harsh light 
of the morning after 
disappearing into the wallpaper
flip the switch from night to day 
no looking back 
always on a fast track 
one shoe on 
the other left behind 
stumble jumping 
wishful thinking 
Freudian slip 
least of my worries 
a slow stroll 
to the very edge 
fingers grip 
and I take that leap of faith 
time and time again 
like a cat with nine lives 
always landing on my feet 
a bit battered and bruised 
but never giving up the ship 
a life lesson I've learned very well...

© 2014 TrilbyYates

No comments: