Thursday, October 9, 2014

Temptation

Yes, I let you hold my hand
and I held yours...
- acknowledging a perfect fit
Yes, I let you look into my eyes
I curiously looked into yours...
- I didn't blink or turn away
letting you past the walls of protection
Yes, I let you pull me close to you;
wrap your arms around me 
and kiss me passionately
Yes, I reciprocated without hesitation
Yes, a warm wind blew 
time stood still
- and yes my heart raced 
Yes, I was intrigued, flattered 
and slightly bewildered 
Yes, all your words rang true
- and yes I am attracted to you 
Yes, I have thought about you since 
Yes, I have dreamed about you
the moment you leaned in 
and took my breath away
...welcoming you with delight
Yes, I have wondered 
what it would have been like...
if we had spent the night together
...if only, if only
Yes, I smile at the thought 
of our stolen moment
Yes, it seemed you found 
what I thought I had lost
- and genuinely returned it
Yes, we connected
Yes, I have no regrets

You might ask me why - my simple reply
"I let you into my head but not my heart darlin..."
And yes I would do it again...

© 2014 TrilbyYates

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love this!!!