Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Word Flow Vice

There is a sense 
of dread lingering
deep dark longing 
wrapped tightly 
suffocating 
to the point 
of paralysis 
I do not pause 
or hesitate 
Fear is not a driving force
Narcissistic identity bender,
insanity root of inspiration,
and subconscious driving force
...maybe 
I have my words,
my pen and paper;
sword of sorts 
And when I am alone 
in this place of anonymity 
it remains a surreal 
untouchable source of truth 
and provocative profanity - 
I do not hide 
behind my words 
Yet - I struggle to speak 
As each layer 
is painstakingly 
torn away,
tiny pieces of my soul 
are revealed 
And as the reader 
may skim over this page,
little does one know 
what turmoil lie beneath 
each dotting of an "i"
or crossing of a "t" - 
Searching for perfection 
in an imperfect way,
to translate thought,
mindful imagery 
to a more tangible form 
The written word
scratched on a piece of paper 
shreds of detail 
pieced together
Patterns scattered about;
brilliant creation 
Something to view 
Something to think about 
And thou it is never enough
and it is never completely complete 
Even as the words begin to move 
into a slow-go finality,
there remains an endless well 
of inspiration...word flow vice

© 2015 TrilbyYates   

No comments: