Thursday, July 30, 2015

Same Old Same Old

Stumbling down the road 
I don't waste time looking back 
But the past is like a dog 
with an unforgettable bone 
...just wont give it up 
or let it go 
And not that any 
of it matters 
They say I am 
where I'm supposed to be;
according to the universe, 
biorhythms and time charts, 
even the tide flow 
So if all of that is true;
set in some kind of 
cosmic stone 
here on borrowed time
here on loan
Why do my shoes 
feel too tight 
and my close don't 
fit quite right 
and I'm uncomfortable 
in my own skin 
Why can't I sit back, relax 
and just breathe it all in 
Is this the way 
the story goes 
Some unsettled 
some untold 
But I always have a sense 
I have a lot more to say 
and nothing ever feels the same 
in a same old kind of way
Nothing ever feels the same
in a same old kind of way 

© 2015 TrilbyYates

No comments: