Saturday, August 29, 2015

Any Storm

Morning coffee steam rises 
I sleep alone… 
- another friday night 
Dream scape 
background track sea breeze  

My mind is like a wave 

Ocean tide draws back 
Captured vast seamless horizon 
helps calm unsettled nerves 
and swaying motion at bay 

Wrapped in a fog blanket 
There's warmth in the next line 
…words don't always fall 
so neatly into place 
There is never a plan for rhythm 
There is never a plan for rhyme 

Let the path lead where it may 
and the wind will surely fill my sails 
- and I will take on any storm… 

© 2015 TrilbyYates

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Love this. So appropriate as we recollect ten years after Katrina. We all have our storms to bare. What I hope for you is a bit of smooth sailing. It's fun to be the master of our universe. I'm getting used to my port in the storm. It's quiet here. The world is a sea of shit.