Friday, August 14, 2015

Burn Out Blues And Bust

Organic moon light heart pounding brilliance 
bursting from the seams
slipping from the sidewalls of a passion pit
Fumbling for the remote control
flip the switch from brilliance to boredom... 
And some where out there is the second coming 
of my redemption
The second coming of a new day 
with promise and intention
Lasting longer than a flash in the pan 
lime light first blush of love
Smiling from ear to ear Cheshire cat grin 
that gives nothing away
But a clear image of a pure ecstatic inner 
love lust glow

Because I know some things 
are worth waiting for 
even if the odds are in favor 
of burn out blues and bust

But I'm a romantic at heart 
bleeding from old wounds
and the side effects of too many 
sleepless nights
Wandering around my apartment as if 
the secret to a loving life
is hidden in the slow pace of walking 
from room to room
The creek in the floorboard is a sure sign 
I'm not alone
That a brighter day awaits right outside my door

Because I know some things 
are worth waiting for 
even if the odds are in favor 
of burn out blues and bust 


© 2015 TrilbyYates

No comments: