Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Push The Beat

Oh man, man its a drop the straw from your mouth
head shaking spasm flash back to a past better left alone - moment
But anyway, remember, do you remember when I fell in love
and you didn't know what to do so you fell on your sword
- it only took that first drop of blood like a sign from the heavens above
that I was already in love with love and maybe not so much with you
And it really never made sense but felt damn good at the time
Right or wrong no one truly knows and yeah, I still don't sleep at night

You were like a kid in a candy shop; me, well I was the femme fatale 
wearing dark glasses, the shop keeper in a magic cape 
flying around throwing spells and fairy dust;
and when I turned the corner to take a deep introspective breath
you were stealing the baked goods and inventory 
- my heart shattered on the floor like splintered glass 
from a treasured past commonality you and me

So now when you want to share and reminisce; sing songs from the past
you should remember I like to slow things down and push the beat to a grind
Juke box four songs for a dime at least that's how I remember it, so...

Your arms felt good around my waist and if I close my eyes
dim the lights I can recall how it felt with my fingers
gently entwined through the strands your hair
and you would pull me close and take what little I had left
We laughed late into the night and never locked the doors

When you would leave I'd watch from the back seat
swearing that would be the last time and cursing the stars
as they fell from the sky for their brilliance and yours
...until you would throw stones at my window; revved up again

Could have been a jump start from story book romance cheap novels
bought and sold at Perry's Five and Dime other side of the track
and your fascination with folded pages in your father's Playboy mag
hidden in the laundry basket secret sleuth nothings lost 
when you're on the prowl

So now when you want to share and reminisce; sing songs from the past
you should remember I like to slow things down and push the beat to a grind
Juke box four songs for a dime at least that's how I remember it, so...

© 2015 TrilbyYates

No comments: