Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday ~ April 2011

Rose boutineer ~ April 2011


Where Have You Gone My Friend

Where have you gone my friend?
I am missing the moments
of comfort and fantasy.
When I could be
what ever I wanted
and you would grant
my every wish.
In visions
of the extraordinary
and beyond.
Simplicity sparks
the imagination,
as grandeur
tantalizes the mind.
Floating off on a cloud
watching the world go by.
Or sailing along
with a full breeze.
Letting nothing get in the way
while passions play
a game of
hide and seek.
And we could dance,
the minuet
in full royal garb,
cloak and dagger delight.
Mystery man
behind the mask
will steal a kiss
from lips to finger tips.
Traveling through time.
And if the moment
becomes too dark,
deep thoughts will
shift to light.
And I will find myself
sipping a glass of wine,
in an intimate French cafe.
With the man
that makes
the music play...
I could save the world,
or let it go!
Climb mountains high,
sail the seven seas,
and pirate your heart
laughing at the site!
Joy and love
would all rise
as the stage is set.
And if my path
takes a turn,
ghosts began to hover
or a visit from the other side.
I would smile
at the thought of you,
knowing we always have tonight.

Where have you gone my friend,
Sweetest Reverie?

© 2011 Trilby Yates

No comments: