Sunday, April 3, 2011

Shift ~ April 2011





Chasing Rainbows and Butterflies

A life time spent
chasing rainbows
and butterflies
a day late
and something short
cherry blossoms
are in bloom
and they say
the air is fresher
south of
the Jersey shoreline
where life never
hits below
the belt
and love floats
in a pool
of wide eyed
innocence
no matter how
time passes you by…
but my heart
hangs in the balance
with a New York
city beat
even though
there is no place
I call home
without the ties
that bind
blood isn’t always
thicker than water
and the roots
of my youth
never took hold
with the presence
of an old soul
by invitation only
yet I never had the
slightest inkling
to reply
a pattern
following me
like a loyal playmate,
lover or friend
a formality
I couldn’t own
as time holds the key
To more fly-by adventures
and uncertainty
love flutters about
a clear vision
kept at arms length…someday, yes someday you will be mine ~

© 2011 Trilby Yates



No comments: