Thursday, January 24, 2013

Best Is Yet To Come

Silver spoons and snake skins
hanging from the rear view mirror 
top down and the wind is blowing 
like there is something on fire
keeping my demons at bay
and when the devil is at the cross roads 
tapping his foot impatiently waiting 
for the woman dressed in black 
my widows walk 
doesn't seem so far away ...
And when you kiss me like that 
the memories shift to a clearing 
held for all those precious times 
that flicker in candle light
gently swaying from left to right 
not that it matters all that much 
when passions rise and spirits flutter by 
I can't speak when the spaces in between 
have a voice unto their own ...
Finally you will whisper 
"I love you"
only then will I let it go  
watching from a distant corner 
knowing
the best is yet to come...

© 2013 Trilby

No comments: