Friday, January 11, 2013

Rising Tides - 2013



Such a wise guy
flip response 
makes me laugh out loud
while emotions roll over
like the Queen mother's wave 
during centennial this or that
can't quite recall 
the gist 
or intention of celebration 
but there is a shift in the universe 
and it's dragging me along 
...oh what a delightful ride
no time for one liners 
the depth of my soul 
touches the Atlantic to the bone
and you have a gleam in your eyes 
that makes me question
all that once seemed so mundane 
and now the light that shines 
throws a brilliant ray of glistening hope 
casting away shadows and demons 
from a long over due past
my protective garb 
no longer serves its purpose 
and black linen does me no justice
while standing knee deep in the rising tide
of good will and precious love...

© 2013 Trilby

No comments: