Thursday, June 27, 2013

Shadows

Tongue and cheek 
slap down 
mixed match 
lovers jest 
one blink 
loser begs 
for mercy 
there wasn't 
a time 
when second thoughts 
or lack of judgement 
flying too high 
meant it wasn't 
our time 
but just as the fun 
began 
you slipped away 
off to another land 
without limitations 
leaving me behind
trapped in the now
 - oh you bastard, 
yes I cursed 
the wind your ashes 
were blowing in, 
the ocean tide 
that carried you away 
over and over
again
so many vivid dreams 
color, black and white
confusion seemed
more the norm 
than not 
but it is within 
those dream states 
when you walk with me 
whispers in the darkness 
that somehow 
keep me 
from slipping 
deeper into the shadows...


p.s. ...I question if I will thank you or slap you when we meet again at the "Pearly Gates"

© 2013 Trilby

No comments: