Friday, June 13, 2014

Deep Blue Sea

Sailing beyond 
my senses 
Open space 
with no boundaries
Wind blows 
filling sails,
leaning so far
the rails 
mesh with the ocean;
there is no line
or divide...seamless
My mind 
remains clear
while demons 
from the past
disappear 
drift off 
to a distant edge 
of the horizon
vast and so far far away... 
With all my experiences,
and all that has yet to unfold,
knowledge continues 
to free my soul 
And even though 
I may have little control 
over the strength 
and limitless energy 
of the deep blue sea;
I have come to know 
how to calm 
the highs and lows - 
the tides of my heart.
A sailors hitch
that twists like a knot
in the pit 
of my stomach,
the ache in my spine
causing me to rethink...
what am I still doing here?
When all is said 
and all is done,
love remains my destination.
And I will continue 
to search,
sailing 
around the world 
port to port,
harbor to harbor;
comforted by the arms
of an endless deep blue sea... 


© 2014 TrilbyYates    

No comments: