Thursday, June 5, 2014

I Live With No Regrets

Wishful thinking
a few Hail Mary's 
and an Act Of Contrition 
thrown in for good luck 
 - keeps me honest
when I spend to much
time alone...
Once you asked
if I was raised 
as a Catholic girl 
Big Apple shines bright
in beautiful Italian brown eyes
you said
All I could see
were emerald shades 
of green in yours
reflecting in retrospect 
is like looking
beyond the mirror
Undeniable passion
while sparks flew
and we strolled along 
The River Seine 
Your hands soft and electric 
reached inside my chest
grabbed a hold of my heart 
as if there would be no tomorrow -
     (took my breath away)
future pending - 
 - and there wasn't ...

But, the question remains,
asked to often 
out of focus 
a balancing act
high wire stress factor
cliff hanger -
Would we have taken that walk
if we had known? 

The light flickered -
then went out -  

I think, yes...I live with no regrets


© 2014 TrilbyYates   


No comments: