Friday, August 1, 2014

Inconsequential Meeting


Had a dream about you last night;
seems since we had our inconsequential meeting - 
inconsequential feels so removed 
and so cold 
and my head hurts when I think
and I'm starting to feel too old 
to be a player in the dating game 
... anyway

Confirmation washes over me
like the cold waters of a great sea
confirmation washes over me

When I saw you my childhood sense 
of insecurity was shaken;
sort of rattled my proverbial ego sustained cage,
and now I'm reading the same lines
over and over again
still on the same damn page - 
- expecting a different ending

Confirmation washes over me
like the cold waters of a great sea
confirmation washes over me 

I never know what to think
when thinking is all I have time to do
I never know what to think
when the heart beats one way 
and the other is slightly out of sync 
...just never know how to feel
since my inconsequential meeting with you
And now I don't know what to think
... anyway

I had a dream about you ...


© 2014 TrilbyYates 

No comments: