Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My Heart Doesn't Sing

On any given day 
or any given moment 
fly by night 
whimsical stargazing 
backtracking 
sense of well-being 
gently slips away 
without resistance
without pause for concern 
Getting clear 
of a suffocating fog
surround sound droning - endlessly
a long drawn out daze 
blowing smoke in the face 
of a higher power  - father, son and holy spirit
Throwing all caution 
into the wind 
the consequences 
yet to be known - blow back is a bitch
and caring is less 
than a fleeting thought 
My mind can be found 
skipping through fields 
daisy chains slipping away
finger tips filter 
sunny perceptions
wind chime vibrations 
and my heart...
it doesn't sing the way 
it once did 
And how can it be 
that I can feel you 
kissing me while I sleep 
- it's only a memory - short whispered words
a tactical sensation
a long ago 
once upon a time 
split second fleeting 
sweet vignette playing 
over and over...
over and over...shuffle replay

© 2014 TrilbyYates 

No comments: