Thursday, September 18, 2014

Looking Out To Sea

It was something 
something out of a movie scene
From Here To Eternity 
we were laying in the sand 
tide came up rushing over us 
all entangled arms and legs 
finger tips tracing 
a pathway to the soul 
your mouth on mine 
whispering words 
...you are so beautiful 
so beautiful...
kissing my neck 
gentle hands 
holding me close 
eyes closed
sensations like a hot wire 
and I heard a voice say 
I love you 
I love you...
and realized it was mine 
in that moment time stopped 
the tide went out 
and didn't come back in 
and we were standing 
looking at each other 
you had such a puzzled look 
on your face 
a puzzled look 
and I apologized 
I'm sorry 
I'm sorry 
I didn't mean to say that 
I don't love you 
I like you 
I care about you 
but I don't love you...like that 
you just stood there 
with a puzzled look 
on your face 
and I knew 
it was not you I saw 
it was him 
and I'm sorry for that 
it wasn't you I was looking at 
it was him 
and the tide went out 
and didn't come back in 
and I was standing there alone 
looking out to sea
looking out to sea

© 2014 TrilbyYates