Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Blanche DuBois

A dimly lit room
typical bar room glow
Maybe, candles flickering
- couldn't tell you...
mood lighting keeps things soft,
keeps life from appearing
...to harsh as per Blanche DuBois
Music playing something
in the background  -
for ambiance?
Maybe not...
I'm never sure of much
when my focus
is slightly off kilter
Anxiety rises,
pulse generates a buzz
Can you hear it?  
Heart races - I'm a blurred vision to few
Can you see me?
It's stressful being
misunderstood;
naturally
cool and aloof
not cold and pretentious
...it's - it's an art form
It is an outfit,
an accessory...
An ingrained
way of being
A minimalistic disguise;
cloak and dagger,
camouflage sequenced,
hocus pocus,
glittered razzle dazzle,
calling your bluff...take a breath!
Silent scream to god...
For what?
For help?
A shift from a grown
confident woman
to an introverted
shy baby girl...
In high heels - red lipstick
and someone else's clothes  -
It's a mismatched pair of socks,
out of my comfort zone
out of my element
train wreck
no second chances
I need second chances...
Wishes blown
to the universe - fall flat
Wooden Rosary beads - worn thin
This is a new starting point?
A new place to begin?
Some how there remains
and I'm not sure why...
Call it my belief,
call it my naiveté,
call it fucked up...sigh...
Call it what you will...
I know it,
I own it -
Clearly and unquestionably
There is yet another chapter
to be written...
about you and me ~

© 2014 TrilbyYates 



1 comment: