Friday, May 30, 2014

Dear Life

Is this the way it's suppose to be?
The way it's supposed to play out?
My mind is telling me one thing...
but time doesn't seem to be on my side
I'm kicking and screaming
being dragged through life
scuff marks on my hands and knees - 
Is this really the way it's going to be?
The way it's supposed to play out?
I'm kicking and screaming,
broken arms and broken legs -
Heart fails and shock sets in
Does it seem to matter much?
Hey I'll tell you what - you can sit on the side line
and watch the show
I'll even supply the popcorn and balloons
a side show with music and a harp player
But, but I promise you,
I'll tell you straight up,
I'm hanging on for dear life
barely hanging on for dear life
Is this really the way it's supposed to be?
The way it's going to play out?
If I had known this long ago
I may have already checked out...
I may have already checked out;
taken that short walk with rocks in my pockets
The cold waters surrounding me,
the cold waters taking me down
kicking and screaming
scuff marks on my hands and knees -
You my friend can sit on the side line
and watch the show;
I'll even supply the popcorn and balloons
a side show with music and a harp player
But, but I promise you my friend,
I'll tell you straight up
I'm hanging on for dear life
...barely hanging on for dear life


© 2014 TrilbyYates 



No comments: