Sunday, May 18, 2014

So Many Places We Can Go

Change always comes
and I spend my summers
flying high without a care
I have to 
or I wouldn't survive
so now with a clean slate
baby you look
like someone
I used to know
someone
I used to know
someone
I need to know
and even though
every thought
is black and blue
shaded colors like a bruise 
the center of the universe
holds more for us
it holds more for us -
Lovers come and lovers go
but when they dare reach
deep inside and don't hesitate,
when they feel that bounce back
reflection mirrored image
black and blue
the center of the universe,
yes,
the core of the universe
between me and maybe you...
we have to know
It's worth even those moments
all those moments
when we are on our knees;
bloody sweat soaked t-shirt
tells another story,
wrapped tightly
around the main source
of heartache -
Come on it's an apocalypse,
it's that slippery slope
we've come to know
it's that slippery slope
we've been warned about
Put your arms around me,
and hold me close
close your eyes
kiss me deeper
than we bury our dead,
kiss me until
you reveal your soul -
steal mine if you like
it's yours to own
Put your arms around me,
and hold me close
close your eyes,
close your eyes
there are so many places we can go
there are so many places we can go...

© 2014 TrilbyYates 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

This could be a song. Got any ideas who could sing it?

How about abAni DiFranco?????