Tuesday, May 20, 2014

White Night Black Stallion

I can see it 
in your eyes 
replaying
like your favorite flick;
...over and over again - 
And all I can hear
is the banging 
of the drum...
and you, you remind me
with a repetitive triple stroke drum roll;
telling me your secrets 
in my sleep
whispered secrets 
in my sleep -
Slipping into my dreams 
warm hands
Egyptian cotton sheets 
cool to the touch... 
White Night, Black Stallion 
braided mane  -
One last mistake is all I ever wanted
One last mistake...
It's like that first time high
you know, like before falling off the cliff
to high up the air is so thin 
can't take a breath - 
it hurts to breathe in,
it's the down side of up,
end zone no one knows;
and no one cares
but you and me
Whispered secrets in my sleep
...don't let go, don't ever let go
but off you went into the wind...
White Night, Black Stallion
braided mane
one last mistake is all I ever wanted
one last mistake
one last mistake 


© 2014 TrilbyYates 

No comments: