Friday, November 21, 2014

Cave Of Darkness

Puzzled by your lacking  -
"...my view from high above 
any empirical consequence
and my simple perception.."
- of integrity 
Your eyes grow wide 
With a glimmer of delight 
As if you have just received 
A gift
An award
Crowned King
Shock value is short lived
And I question myself more now
...not just your inability 
To answer a question in a straight line 
Falling short on creativity 
Or forming full cohesive sentences 
With fact 
Fiction with a flair 
Bending the truth
Pliable words and meanings
Stretching what is 
And what is not 
Some things are black and white
Grey is the new black 
An excuse 
A sounding board to elaborate
One sided dialogue 
Playing out in your mind 
A one man show 
Standing ovation 
Encore
...A fair and reasonable warning 
If you refer to me by - 
My gender, race, ethnicity, faith or faithlessness
Old school slang descriptive expression 
Rather than by 
My given name 
The walls will go up 
My ego will depart
Common sense, gut reaction 
And instinct will take over
I will say it again and again
- Knowledge is a tool not a weapon -
...and it is powerful 
Never wasted even on those 
With a closed mind 
Eyes shut to all that can 
Only be translated or absorbed
Via human reaction or response 
Using a physical description
As a weapon...
A flair for words
- the color of ones skin
- the size of a woman's breasts 
- or ass...
If you choose 
To take that path
"... and I believe it is a choice..."
Your life experience
...most likely 
Will remain shallow 
And you will sadly
Dwell in a cave of darkness ~

© 2014 TrilbyYates

No comments: