Thursday, November 20, 2014

Forgiveness

Too much time 
has passed 
I've forgotten 
the words 
to some of the 
best songs
I have ever 
written 
And it is 
a damn shame 
when the lyrics
and rhythm 
dissipate 
into the wind 
like a fog 
or puff 
of steamy vapor 
A transparent 
...never really able to grasp at straw sense of loss 
Today feels 
more like 
a sand storm 
than a cold blast 
from the arrival 
of a premature winter 
The wind blows harder 
then it used to
Penetrating to the bone
...to the core
A chill reactionary shiver
Head to toe - spinal slip
Or maybe 
I've just lost 
some of my rough 
and tumble exterior 
My roll 
with the punches 
attitude 
My high 
and mighty air 
Protective gear 
upgrade overload
maxed out 
vinyl covered 
faux leather
side stepping boots
And there are issues 
that tare at my heart 
Yanking the strings 
out of my chest 
without any 
sense of 
responsibility 
or remorse
Out of tune and off beat
Ear bleeding burn
Praying on all fours 
in the background
...back alley
...back bar low-brow
Setting my soul ablaze 
Forgiveness 
is a learned art 
Each step 
is outside the realm 
of what could
have been 
a natural trait 
Or simply nurtured 
via circumstance...

© 2014 TrilbyYates

No comments: