Friday, November 7, 2014

Hit The Pavement

I'm jumping off a proverbial 
Jagged earthbound ledge 
A sorrowful morning 
Attempting to let it go
A stones throw from everything tangible
Didn't take the time to think it through
And maybe I never intended to
All I can imagine
All I can visualize
Black and white dramatic effect
I'm looking out eyes opened wide 
Looking out beyond the beauty 
Of a turbulent and tragic sea 
My arms out stretched 
With the wing span of an Angel 
In a free fall flight
Earth below and heaven above 
If I can only fly high enough 
Maybe you would finally realize
There is truly some thing angelic 
And something magical about me 

Somehow you've gotten under my skin 
but you still won't let me in 
and I'm going for it anyway 
before I hit the pavement

It doesn't make any sense 
But than again maybe it shouldn't
Because matters for this 
Tentative heart of mine
There seems to be no logic 
No rhythm and no rhyme 
And it's all good even though
I am feeling off center 
And slightly misunderstood
Maybe I'm even running low on time
But I'm stuck in a stale mate
Self imposed and not very wise
Oblivious to consequence or folk lore
Déjà vu sentiment...knowing I have been here before
Such familiarity I can see in your eyes
But there is a dialogue 
Playing out in my head
With all the bells and whistles

Somehow you've gotten under my skin 
but you still won't let me in 
and I'm going for it anyway 
before I hit the pavement
I'm going for it anyway
before I hit the pavement... 

© 2014 TrilbyYates


2 comments:

Unknown said...

To whom are you referring? It hits home for me {long time ago...} Ya know what? It's none of my business!! LOL

Trilby said...

I'm glad it hits home, but too bad it hits home...if you know what I mean :)