Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Deviant Past

The days 
Shorter now
Nights longer...
Appearing darker 
Than the norm
Without the slightest 
Hint of an artists color
Creative minds 
Freeze dry
Skyline falls flat
Just a hint of sepia
But only around 
The rough edges
And I have a hole 
In my one size fits all 
Italian handmade 
100% cotton shirt
Revealing more 
Than my self exposed
Deviant Past
And there is
A loose thread
From talking to much
And most likely 
...way to fast 
And a button 
Fell off of my 
Personal favorite
Pinstriped mannish 
Looking vest 
Rolling out 
With the grandeur
Of the infamous 
Velveteen carpet
Into oncoming traffic
Just when the light 
Was turning from 
A  cautionary  
Sunshine yellow 
To a blood curdling
Crimson red 
What could I do 
What could be said 
I've been stopped
In my forever hesitant
Walking backwards
And always covered 
Self absorbed tracks
Can't seem to find 
The perfect reflection
Or the perfect match
While always burning
A scented candle
At both ends 
And from where 
I am standing 
At the end of this 
Oh so lovely pier
Waves rolling in 
A repetitive taunt 
Hypnotic intention 
I maintain a blank 
Yet stoic stare
While the Man In The Moon 
Knows all too well
It is the end 
Of just another day
Glancing up at his 
Historical expression 
All I want to do 
Is slap that grin 
Off his distant
Untouchable face...
Putting an end
To the haunting progression
This invisible place
Instead I lose 
My footing once more
Sweetly blanketed
Cellophane Pseudo Sea
The familiar Sound 
My only safe haven 
So I will conclude 
And soulfully concede
Taking a deep breath 
While I quietly weep
I have but one choice 
That is to reluctantly give in
...and take it to the deep ~

© 2014 TrilbyYates

No comments: