Friday, March 13, 2015

Death

So yes, I have hit the wall 
- many times
I've reached down 
in the darkness and found 
the bottom was still 
another 100 feet below me 
and all I can say 
with a hint of ambivalence
"...man what a trip, what a journey..." 

And all the introspective chatter 
and cliches passing thru the test of time 
held with the highest regard phrases 
don't hold an ounce of truth 
when the light at the end of the tunnel 
is a taunting echo of yourself 

Self help mumbo jumbo
new age movement
authors and prophets of old
who keep their secrets 
closely protected 
within their well guarded heart
while all along holding the key 
to their own mysteries 
...yet to be solved

And the passions rise 
when a nerve is struck
over and over again
their truth is well earned 
from their own rock bottom 
bouncing realizations 
when a light bulb moment
goes off the crowd kneels
and we all know it is
just another oxymoron 
but enlightens those in the dark 
without question none the less

Once again I am 
in a free fall 
seeing a lot of familiar faces
along the way
- and yet 
there is still no comfort 
in the masses 
and self pity is as destructive 
as falling on your own 
proverbial sword 
- it's all a ploy 
a way to make sense 
of the inevitable 
to maintain the purity of faith
in the smile of excellence
on your face
that it is sincere 
and not a reflection 
of one foot already planted 
firmly in the ground of fear

And that's not for me
I'm just saying man
that is not my way out 
my ashes will blow 
across the wide open sea
that sweet spot 
where land never 
reaches the eye
- carried by angels 
and when the time is right 
they will kiss me off 
into the wind I'll float
high above what was
once my reality

And in the distance 
a comforting voice 
will be heard 
whispers of welcome 
and a warm hand 
will reach out and touch 
that one remaining particle 
the ultimate human being
...death needs no introduction

© 2015 TrilbyYates

No comments: