Thursday, March 12, 2015

Cherished Memento

Taking a long deep 
beautiful breath in
Slowly accepting it,
gently holding it...
A cherished memento
Until the capacity 
of my lungs - fill
Feeling the pressure,
the build up,
the freedom,
and the release 
of all that has 
held me back;
kept me in my own
self imposed sanction
Long insightful walks 
down stone streets
City lights bounce 
and reflect from
subject to object
Shimmering affect 
like a pebble to water
dropped into the Fiume Arno
Rippling outward
without limitation
Image and vision
The imagination 
has no boundaries
My sense of compassion
and love;
my sense of wanting 
to explore 
and experience
- everything
Simply walking 
the streets at night 
Taking in all 
that is generously,
unconditionally offered 
Fills my heart 
Opens me up 
to all that is possible 
All that once
appeared dark 
now has a light 
shining with brilliance
Chasing away 
insecurities, fears
-  reluctance 
A smile from a stranger
Beautiful faces 
and engaging eyes;
meet, connect and hold
gently hold the moment 
like a treasured cherished memento

© 2015 TrilbyYates

No comments: