Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I Long For You

The moon hangs low 
wrapping the night 
in a magical blanket 
of Florence city lights 
Off in the distance 
late night cathedral 
bells ring 
Roof top view 
overlooking 
the Arno River 
Lights glisten 
on the Ponte Vecchio 
Lovers walk holding hands;
a kiss and a photo op 
A lifetime of memories made  -
Locks of love 
tell their own story
Slowly sipping a glass 
of local Merlot
I wonder how many 
of those stories 
have stood 
the test of time 
A toast to you 
and yours 
and all that have come 
and gone before and after
 - Eyes wide with amazement 
I can't help but wonder...
What it would feel like, 
what would it be like 
to share such moments 
To point to the stars 
and make a connected wish
To share our favorite vino 
Chat about the days experience;
give and take
your perspective 
and mine intertwine 
What would I think 
if you held my face 
in your hands 
and kissed my mouth 
Whispering I love you bella 
Taking my breath away 
Stopping time,
earth moves;
all the cliches 
all the romantic poetic verse 
tossed together 
impacting my heart 
like a hurricane
- Roof top view 
overlooking 
the Arno River 
Lights glisten 
on the Ponte Vecchio
a rush of wind 
my emotions
are as clear
as the view
stars shine bright
above the city of Florence
and my heart knows
... I long for you 

© 2015 TrilbyYates

No comments: