Friday, April 25, 2008

A Place to Rest

















Block Island is my favorite place...I've been going there for many years and it holds a lot of special memories.

Most of the photo's were taken in November 2007, some earlier in July - I went with my children for the last time in 2007. The island was having it's final big event, the Christmas Walk...all the stores were open for the weekend and would close until the next summer season 2008.

It was chilly and the sky was a clear blue and the air was crisp. The weekend was sad for us, we brought Jerry's ashes there - but, it was nice to have a weekend with my "babies" and we did have some laughes and a lot of tears. All in all it was a good weekend for us one that we all needed.


Block Island, Rhode Island

© 2008 Pamela Viscomi Yates

2 comments:

Momkiss said...

Enjoyed your poetry-esp everlasting. Been 10 yrs or more since I've been to Block Island but it it so lovely. Nice pix.

Trilby said...

Thank you. I go to Block Island every year - it really is beautiful and a very special place.